Marketers over complicate stuff, including re-engaging inactive subscribers.
Yet re-engaging those inactives is something you need to do.
So here’s my super simple recipe for doing so, in seven easy steps:
- If they haven’t opened or clicked on an email in 12 months or more, move them to your “inactive” segment.
- Create an automated campaign to send four emails in four weeks. (Four in four—easy to remember, right?)
- Write some rockin’ subject lines that are guaranteed to make your emails stand out.
- Use a really simple email format and concise text that gets straight to the point.
- Include an incentive and a sense of urgency.
- If they open or click, they are automatically removed from the campaign and back into a regular segment.
- If no response in four tries, carry on as usual.
There you have it, a re-engagement strategy that any marketer can do.